Building Inspector Nomination
Apply for Accreditation as an SIP Inspector under the SBBIS Scheme
The Strata Inspector Panel (SIP) enables ASBC Members to apply for accreditation as a Building Inspector under the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme (SBBIS). SIP Members have the opportunity to be selected by multi residential unit developers to provide an independent interim and final building inspection of completed developments.
The ASBC SIP provides guidance, training and personal development to assist members achieve accreditation as a Building Inspector. Members wishing to become a Strata Inspector Panel Member will be assessed by the SIP for compliance.
Application – Strata Inspector Panel Member
The ASBC is assisting members achieve their goals when it comes to assessment as a Strata Building Inspector under the NSW Government Fair Trading Secretary’s guidelines. In accordance with the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme and the amendments to the Strata Schemes Management Act.
ASBC members are assessed by the Strata Inspector Panel as competent to inspect multi residential unit developments as described by the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme. These Building Inspectors will provide both interim and final inspections under the Scheme. The final inspection will be used to determine the release of the Developer’s Strata Bond.
Strata Inspector Panel Criteria
- Be a member of the ASBC or in the process of completing or applying to become a member of the ASBC
- Be able to provide evidence of sound knowledge of the construction methodology and materials used in Class 2 buildings
- Be able to provide evidence of sound knowledge of the SBBIS processes, and the report requirements set out under the Act and Regulation
- Show evidence of sound knowledge of the inspection process and inspections of Class 2 buildings
- Show evidence of collaboration and coordination with other secondary inspections by specialist consultants
- Have sound knowledge of NCC Vol 1 and 2 AS4349 suite and particularly 4349.2
- Have sound knowledge of Home Building Act 1989
- Have sound knowledge of Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Have sound knowledge of Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016
- Have sound knowledge of NSW Guide to Standards and Tolerances
A compulsory workshop for Strata Inspector Panel members will be run during the year. Click here for Registration.