The 5 Categories of membership within the ASBC are:
- Associate Member
- Corporate Partner
- LifeTime Member
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the building & construction industry.
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a consulting capacity within the building & construction industry.
- Have tertiary qualifications deemed to be suitable by the Executive Committee.
- Hold the membership category of ‘associate’ for one year.
- Have a minimum of 10 years post trade, licence or Degree experience in the building & construction industry or other allied field of expertise.
- Be able to provide evidence of equivalent qualifications or Accreditation by a recognised industry organisation AND be able to verify building experience.
- Possess current Professional Indemnity insurance covering the specific fields of practice/expertise applied for, Certificate of Currency & Policy Schedule is required with Application.
- Provide documentary evidence of Accreditation, Tertiary Qualifications and/or other verifiable evidence of qualification.
- Provide evidence of experience as a practicing consultant with a minimum 5 years appropriate experience deemed to be suitable by the Executive Committee.
- Where an applicant satisfies the above criteria but in a specialised area other than building consulting the applicant can be granted membership with the specialised category following the word, Member.
- The following in addition to the Member criteria
- Have a minimum 15 years post trade, licence or Degree experience in the building & construction industry or other allied field of expertise.
- Have a minimum of 10 years verifiable experience in a consulting capacity within the Building Consultant Profession.
- Be able to demonstrate to the ASBC NSW Committee that the Consultant’s experience covers a wide range of expertise of a defined specialist technical area deemed to be suitable by the Executive Committee.
- Hold financial membership of the ASBC NSW for five consecutive years.
- Be an expert provider of their corporate offering.
- Be a good corporate citizen.
- Support the ASBC NSW mission statement.
- Attend a minimum of 2 General Meetings per year.
- Attend the ASBC NSW Annual Seminar.
- Retired member who no longer carries out consulting work.
- Retired member who has contributed their time and service to the Society for a period of at least five years.
- Will be exempt from annual fees, however will pay the required costs for any Society function attended.
- Has no voting rights and is exempt from the insurance requirements of the Society
- Will receive all information normally sent to members.