ASBC members are classified by category.
The five Membership Categories within the ASBC are:
- Associate Member
- Corporate Partner
- LifeTime Member
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the building & construction industry.
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a consulting capacity within the building & construction industry.
- Have tertiary qualifications deemed to be suitable by the Executive Committee.
- Hold the membership category of ‘Associate’ for one year.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the building and construction industry or other allied industry, approved by the Executive Committee.
- Alternatively to the above, the applicant is to have held a responsible and/or professional position within the building industry for at least 5 years, approved by the Executive Committee.
- In addition to one of the above, the applicant must have been practising as a Consultant in the building industry or other allied approved industry deemed suitable by the Executive Committee, for a minimum of 5 years.
- Where an applicant satisfies the above criteria but in a specialist area other than building consulting, the applicant may be granted membership status in the specialist category of their particular area of expertise.
- The following in addition to the Member criteria
- Have a minimum 15 years post trade, licence or Degree experience in the building & construction industry or other allied field of expertise.
- Have a minimum of 10 years verifiable experience in a consulting capacity within the Building Consultant Profession.
- Be able to demonstrate to the ASBC NSW Committee that the Consultant’s experience covers a wide range of expertise of a defined specialist technical area deemed to be suitable by the Executive Committee.
- Hold financial membership of the ASBC NSW for two consecutive years.
- Be an expert provider of their corporate offering.
- Be a good corporate citizen.
- Support the ASBC NSW mission statement.
- Attend a minimum of 2 General Meetings per year.
- Attend the ASBC NSW Annual Seminar.
- Retired member who no longer carries out consulting work.
- Retired member who has contributed their time and service to the Society for a period of at least ten years.
- Will be exempt from annual fees, however will pay the required costs for any Society function attended.
- Has no voting rights and is exempt from the insurance requirements of the Society
- Will receive all information normally sent to members.