Australian Society of Building Consultants (NSW) Membership
Membership of the ASBC is a two-stage process. The category of membership applied for is dependent on a number of criteria that has been set out by the Executive Committee. Information on the process to join the ASBC is set out below.
- A minimum of TEN years post qualification experience in the building & construction industry;
- A minimum FIVE years experience as a professional building consultant;
- Evidence of the individual’s reporting ability;
- Evidence of the individual’s experience and expertise in a particular field;
- Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Undertake annual re-assessment.
- Evidence of appropriate experience in the area of expertise applied for;
- Evidence of appropriate qualification in the area of expertise applied for;
- Evidence of annual training & development for area of expertise applied for;
- Evidence of Professional Indemnity insurance covering area of expertise applied for.
Each application is to include a non-refundable $50 application fee and is assessed based on the information provided in support of the application, & includes various checks of references, licences, qualifications and training claimed with other professional organizations before being presented to the Executive Committee for ratification.
Once ratified by the Executive Committee the application is presented to the general membership for approval. Upon approval the new member is granted ‘associate member’ status for a period of 12 months prior to ‘member’ status.
All members are required to acknowledge and abide by the Society’s Code of Conduct and Risk Management Procedures.
The membership application form is available in the DOWNLOADS section in the footer and on this page.